Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Tools to anonymize pcaps with cellular/3gpp traffic

From: Ivan Nardi <nardi.ivan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:54:19 +0200
Hi
There are a few public available tools that anonymize pcap files, but they usually target L2-L4 layers and "standard" protocols (i.e. dns, icmp,...)
Is there any tool which sanitizes information carried on "3gpp" protocols (ranap, bssap, gsm_a dtap, gsm_map, sgsap...) or, at least, on some of them?

I am not looking for something particularly advanced: zeroing mcc and mnc (both in imsi and in cell/location information) should be enough, even without checksum updating.

The goal is to easily share some pcaps without changing them with an hex-editor by hand

I know that I am asking for a very specific tool, but it's worth giving it a try...

Thanks in advance
Ivan