Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Switch master and master-2.4 to Visual Studio 2015?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 11:36:48 +0200
Jumping to 2017 would bring some advantages in building, as well as build-system integration, native cmake integration for instance. But I would only jump for the master.

We also would have to consider, a lot of people building on company PCs may not have the option to switch to 2017, as they are set on a version by their IT departments. Therefore we would have to keep compatibility to older versions (2015 at least), but this could be handled by cmake.

cheers
Roland