Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Troubles with ASN generated code

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 16:20:14 -0700
On May 18, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's a conflict in the use of external data in the Q932 dissector.
> Either it doesn't work on Windows or breaks the GCC6 build on UN*X.

How is this different from, for example:

epan/dissectors/packet-fc.h:

	WS_DLL_PUBLIC const value_string fc_fc4_val[];

epan/dissectors/packet-fc.c:

	const value_string fc_fc4_val[] = {
	};

		static hf_register_info hf[] = {

		    { &hf_fc_type, {"Type", "fc.type", FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX, VALS (fc_fc4_val), 0x0, NULL, HFILL}},

epan/dissectors/packet-fcdns.c:

	static header_field_info hfi_fcdns_rply_fc4type FCDNS_HFI_INIT = {"FC-4 Descriptor Type", "fcdns.rply.fc4type", FT_UINT8, BASE_HEX, VALS (fc_fc4_val), 0x0, NULL, HFILL};

and, if the latter works, how can the Q.932 dissector be made to do the exact same thing?