Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wiretap plugin

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 10:59:34 +0200
Hi Anders,

Plugin.c is generated but with make it does not generate

WS_DLL_PUBLIC_DEF void
register_wtap_module(void)
{

It looks like, it works with cmake...(at least on Wimdows)
Regards
Anders

Did you add in your plugin Makefile.am the following block as I suggested in another email?

plugin.c: $(REGISTER_SRC_FILES) $(top_srcdir)/tools/make-dissector-reg.py
    echo Making plugin.c with python ; \
    $(PYTHON) $(top_srcdir)/tools/make-dissector-reg.py $(srcdir) \
        plugin_wtap $(REGISTER_SRC_FILES) ;

It seems to be what I used in the past (but I have not retested it lately).