Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Devices in tshark versus dumpcap

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:06:08 +0100

On 29 April 2017 at 10:29, Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Graham Bloice wrote:

Unsure whether this is related, but MSVC2015 support is regarded as "experimental".  The official builds are still using
VS2013.

Really. MSVC-2015 is much better regarding C99 conformance etc.

The plan is to upgrade after 2.4 is released, but as VS2013 currently works well there has been no pressing need to upgrade as doing so requires effort to upgrade buildbots, docs etc.

    The above "read 21 indicator: S empty value" for me indicates a problem in
    the pipe I/O between tshark and dumpcap. No?

Are you building the stable version or dev (2.2.x or 2.3x)?

The one from a 'git clone https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark'.
Should be the latest?

Which branch though, master or master-2.2?

--
Graham Bloice