Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] small vs large patch sets ?

From: Michael Mann <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:57:42 -0400
I still say the answer is "it depends" with respect to large vs. small as it's more about complexity.  If you're adding request/response tracking, conversation data, or changes to a state machine those can get complicated quickly so a small patch would be preferred.  If you need to add 100 fields to dissector, but the dissection itself is fairly straightforward (just TLVs, or simple structure/lists of fields), that's okay as one large patch.