Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] small vs large patch sets ?

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:15:31 +0200
Hi Nicolas,

I'm updating 2 dissectors (packet-noe and packet-ua3g). So far, I've submitted

changes one by one (small patches). I believe it's the preferred solution for

reviewers instead of a large patch with everything in it.

Can you confirm?

Indeed it's less frightening ;) More seriously, reviewing a bug patch requires to have much more spare time in a row than reviewing small incremental ones, so your approach makes sense.

Until now, I've wait for a patch to be merged before submitting the next one. My

workflow is probably wrong...

Is there a better way of doing thing?

You can push all patches with the same topic, and they will be reviewed one after each other.

Best regards,
Pascal.