Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Pref values in GUI windows

From: John Dunlop <jdunlop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:25:00 +0000

Hi,

Wondering if someone could help me out on an inconsistency I am seeing in pref value settings via the GUI.

Basically if I set values from a right-click on my own protocol I can set and view the preferences correctly. However, if I set the preferences for my own protocol from the Edit->Preferences->Protocols route then I don’t see that value updated in the right-click shortcut? Interestingly though I do see the value if I select the pref value to be modified??

I realise I am using quite an old Wireshark version (version 2.0.3) and I am building for GTK rather than QT due to some limitations on my build machine which may mean that this is an old bug that is fixed.

Thanks,

John