Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] epan_t and capture_file

From: Michael Mann <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:50:43 -0400
Yes I meant "UI code of some sort".   You know, in case someone submits a Bugzilla ticket for wanting "timeline view in TShark".  Then I guess the data computation could be refactored to the ui directory over the qt one.

I mostly wanted to show that not all data computation needs to be done in a dissector and that we need additional APIs to expose that data.  While I've tried to move a lot of "protocol specific knowledge" out of the UI, this particular feature (at least at the moment) is very tied to a specific dissector.  Otherwise just expanding the "packet/color summary scroll bar" might be an option.