Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can't compile on CentoOS

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:22:09 +0200
Hi Dan,

Hi all,

I apologize if this isn’t the right place to post this question, but the “Building and Installing Wireshark” document said “If you cannot determine what the problems are, send an email to the wireshark-dev mailing list explaining your problem.”, so here I am.

I’m running on an Oracle VM that is running centos-release-6-7.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64. And I downloaded the following source package from the git repository. (Although any recent checkin would be fine.)

There is no configure file, so I ran ./config.guess to which I got the following response: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. So I’m blocked. What do I need to do to get to a compile?

As stated in https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#_building_on_unix, when using autofoo you are supposed to run ./autogen.sh so as to generate ./configure

Alternatively, if you have cmake on your machine, you can run cmake instead of ./autogen.sh followed by ./configure

Any reason why you are picking the old stable branch?

Best regards,
Pascal.