Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tshark: access to tcp raw seq number

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:23:35 +0200
Hi Chema,

I'm using tshark to extract some fields from packet traces. Using `-e
tcp.seq`, tshark prints the relative sequence number. I'd like to
print the raw (absolute) at the same time. I don't think this is
possible right now (but please let me know if that's the case).

A quick check at the code suggests I need to set tcp_relative_seq to
FALSE to have absolute tcp seq numbers. I can't see how to set this
value using the tshark CLI.

simply add the following to your command line:
-o "tcp.relative_sequence_numbers: false"

so your command becomes:
tshark -r test.pcapng -T fields -e tcp.seq -o "tcp.relative_sequence_numbers: false"

Final question: Any hints on what's the best way to add a "tcp.rawseq"
("tcp.seqraw"?) option?

Given that there is already an option for this, is it really required ?

Thanks,
-Chema