Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release package for Mac

From: Simon Barber <simon.barber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:21:25 -0700
My build produced with make dmg_package seem to produce something that requires Mac OS Sierra to install. (I am building on Mac OS Sierra). How can I generate a package that will install on something older?

Simon

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2017, at 21:07, Simon Barber <simon.barber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> How do I build an installer for Mac?
>
> make package generates something weird, and make dmg_package requires PackageMaker
>
> What is used for official builds?

You can always have a look at the buildbot to see how it’s done:
https://buildbot.wireshark.org/wireshark-master/builders

Hi Simon,

Yes, i confirm, MacOS always use PackageMaker (and yes it is no longer supported...)

Thanks,
Jaap