Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Indicating dependencies between Gerrit changes

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:47:21 +0100
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 07:40:00PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> > On Mar 18, 2017, at 7:26 PM, Michael Mann (Code Review) <code-review-do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Michael Mann has posted comments on this change.
> >
> > Change subject: TLS13: add certificate_authorities (47) dissection for draft -19
> >

> > Patch Set 3:
> >
> >> The build is failing on all platforms; I'm not sure why the Petri
> >> dish build didn't fail.
> >
> > Because there's a long chain of TLS patches, and I thought I had the correct order.  Committed the patch with tls_dissect_certificate_authorities.
>
> It looks as if there's a way in Gerrit to say "this change depends on this other change":
>
> 	https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Advanced_usage#Create_a_dependency

That was already done in this case, but since there were no merge
conflicts and Gerrit is not configured to follow the patch order, it was
possible that the patch got cherry-picked without merging the base
patches first.

If that is not configurable for each patch, separately, maybe I should
post a comment next time?
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu