Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark-dev: Re: Lua embedded into C++

From: Kunal Thakrar <kunalthakrar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:37:47 +0000

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. I found a work-around wherein the stack will stop fluctuating and having values pushed and popped if I stop live capture (this was caused by the tap.packet function). This allows me to call wslua scripts from my C++ code. This is obviously not ideal but might have to be a compromise as I am under time constraint for this project.

The next question I had is to do with post-dissectors in Lua. Please correct me if I'm wrong, will they allow me to get data in the proto-tree section of the main Wireshark screen? At the moment I have packets with their source, destination ips and ports as well as packet numbers, will I be able to get the proto-tree data for these specific packets?

Thank you very much for the help!

Kind regards,

Kunal Thakrar