Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MPEG2-TS, DVB-SI, and DVB-GSE Dissectors

From: Paul Williamson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:53:51 -0700
Hi Alexander,

I was the last one to contribute to the GSE dissector implementation in epan/dissectors/packet-dvb-s2-bb.c.

My involvement is through an amateur radio project (Phase 4 Ground) that is planning to use DVB-S2 for a ham radio (non-broadcast) satellite downlink. As such, I'm not very connected into the industry standards process, so I was unaware of parts 2 and 3 of TS102606. I'll study them now, thanks for the pointer.

The current dissector does not handle GSE fragmentation reassembly. Adding that is on my to-do list, but not at the top of the list. I'm guessing you may want to have reassembly before you add more protocol level support. You and I should coordinate to avoid duplication of effort on this.

This work on the GSE dissector is all I've done with Wireshark, so I'm a beginner here, too. I'm not sure what other hints to offer you. I'd be happy to coordinate with you off-list and assist you however I can.

  -Paul