Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ubuntu PPAs

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:33:25 +0100
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 05:23:02PM +0100, B�lint R�czey wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:29:24AM +0100, B�lint R�czey wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have created a separate PPA for backported dependencies of Wireshark:
> >> https://launchpad.net/~wireshark-dev/+archive/ubuntu/wireshark-deps
> >>
> >> This would help people running internal builds of Wireshark. (Hi
> >> Anders, sorry for the delay ;-))
> >>
> >> I plan removing the dependencies from the wireshark-dev/stable PPA to
> >> remove redundancy:
> >> https://launchpad.net/~wireshark-dev/+archive/ubuntu/stable
> >
> > Is it possible to express dependencies between PPAs? Otherwise you would
> > run into missing dependency issues I think?
>
> Yes, I have already set the dependency relation for the PPAs, but I
> would like to give
> them a try before I remove the redundant packages from wireshark-dev/stable.

You can add build dependencies to other PPAs, but will these propagate
when users add a single archive (e.g. with add-apt-repository
ppa:wireshark-dev/stable)?

The Launchpad help pages and the +edit-dependencies page are not very
clear on this:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/BuildingASourcePackage#Dependencies
--
Kind regards,