Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua embedded into C++

From: Kunal Thakrar <kunalthakrar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:50:03 +0000

Hello again,

Having used the wslua_state() function as a getter for the WSLua state, as you said Peter, it is not functioning as expected as the stack seems to not be reliable at all and is constantly changing and adding values making it almost impossible to pass tables from my scripts to my C++ code. I was wondering if you knew any work-arounds for this or whether it is easier to just create my module (as described in my previous email) in only C and C++ and leave out Lua completely.

If it is easier to only use C and C++ how would I go about creating a listener for use in my C++ code as well as post-dissectors?

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kunal Thakrar