Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Crash in epan/geoip_db.c

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:30:46 +0000

On 02/22/2017 03:11 PM, Dario Lombardo wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:eapache@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    checkAPI doesn't allow free because it also doesn't allow malloc; if
    the malloced memory is coming from library internals somewhere, does
    the library itself have a cleanup method we could call instead?

Unfortunately no. This is a corner case checkAPI is not able to handle.
A solution would be to try to push a cleanup function upstream, but I
don't know how they are about that. And I guess it would take time,
while we have a pending crash.

Maybe this will do: https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/20246/2