Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Crash in epan/geoip_db.c

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:56:48 +0000

On 02/22/2017 02:55 PM, Evan Huus wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 09:50 Dario Lombardo
<dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:38 PM, Jo�o Valverde
    <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Fixes 850393b57bdd7011780f4cf897d4a2467f58a673. Please push to
        Gerrit. Bonus points for fixing the cast too.

    I pushed a patch that replaces g_free with free. Now the problem is
    that checkAPI doesn't allow free! No way to make petri-dish pass. We
    can:

checkAPI doesn't allow free because it also doesn't allow malloc; if the
malloced memory is coming from library internals somewhere, does the
library itself have a cleanup method we could call instead?

No...

    - merge without PD
    - patch checkAPI to allow some forbidden calls in some files

    Is it worth the latter or we should be fine with the former?