Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Default enabled dissectors

From: Andy Ling <Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:58:02 +0000

Actually there _is_ a global disabled_protos file. Have a look here

Hope it helps.

Well, it’s close. It seems to behave differently to the “user” one.

The file doesn’t exist by default. So if I create one and add my list of protocols to it, they don’t

get loaded. Which means they aren’t available to be enabled if someone wants to. Whereas

the user one loads them, but just “unticks” the enable.

If I do use this global file presumably I’d have to add it to the Wireshark.nsi file. Copying the format

for things like the news and readme files.

Thanks

Andy Ling