Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Conditional compiles

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 01:53:07 +0100
Hallo,

inspired by the way too late demise of HAVE_LIBGCRPYT I've done a rough
count of other variables. I include everything with 9+ occurrences below:

   9 AIRPDCAP_DEBUG
   9 DEBUG_FRAGMENTS
   9 HAVE_IGE_MAC_INTEGRATION
   9 HAVE_LIBCAP
   9 WIMAX_16D_2004
  10 ALG_USERETRY
  10 HAVE_BPF_IMAGE
  10 HAVE_NETINET_IN_H
  10 HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
  10 SHOW_BUFFER_COLUMN
  10 __linux__
  12 HAVE_GEOIP_V6
  12 HAVE_LIBGCRYPT_AEAD
  13 PACKAGE
  13 VERSION
  14 DEBUG_CHILD
  14 DEBUG_CONVERSATION
  14 FIXED_POINT
  14 HAVE_GTKOSXAPPLICATION
  15 DEBUG_HASHING
  15 HAVE_GETOPT_LONG
  15 QT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB
  15 SIGINFO
  15 USE_WIN32_FILE_DIALOGS
  15 _NL_CURRENT
  16 HAVE_GETOPT_H
  16 HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
  17 NDEBUG
  18 DEBUG_BER
  18 HAVE_C_ARES
  20 HAVE_NGHTTP2
  21 HAVE_LIBPORTAUDIO
  21 HAVE_LIBSMI
  21 Q_OS_WIN
  22 __APPLE__
  23 HAVE_UNISTD_H
  24 HAVE_HEIMDAL_KERBEROS
  24 HAVE_LUA
  24 WANT_PACKET_EDITOR
  25 HAVE_PCAP_OPEN_DEAD
  25 HAVE_SOFTWARE_UPDATE
  30 _DEBUG
  31 Q_OS_MAC
  32 HAVE_LIBGNUTLS
  34 HAVE_HFI_SECTION_INIT
  35 HAVE_PCAP_SETSAMPLING
  40 HAVE_KERBEROS
  40 _AVP_DEBUGGING
  43 HAVE_GDK_GRESOURCE
  45 TVBPARSE_DEBUG
  47 HAVE_AIRPCAP
  48 __SUNPRO_C
  56 HAVE_ZLIB
  59 _MSC_VER
  59 __GNUC__
  62 DEBUG_CAMELSRT
  65 HAVE_GEOIP
  68 HAVE_PLUGINS
  70 CAN_SET_CAPTURE_BUFFER_SIZE
  86 DEBUG
  92 HAVE_PCAP_CREATE
  96 HAVE_PCAP_REMOTE
 122 HAVE_EXTCAP
 182 DEBUG_TCAPSRT
 293 HAVE_LIBPCAP
 506 _WIN32
 506 __cplusplus

To me it looks like HAVE_LIBPCAP would be a candidate to solve somehow, as it is
regularly involved when compiles break without this define. Would it maybe make sense
so include a dummy version inside Wireshark that basically does (mostly) nothing?

Thanks
   Jörg