Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Remove our bundled crypto library (in favor of Libgcrypt)?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:46:36 +0100
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 07:31:50PM +0100, Erik de Jong wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 02:40:03PM +0100, Pascal Quantin wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll get to work on the aes_cmac_encrypt_* and crypt_* symbols. Will you
> > > make a separate change for this on which we'll both work or is it
> > > additional work on 20030?
> >
> > You can create a separate change, 20030 is focussed on making Libgcrypt
> > mandatory but will not rewrite other parts (in order to make review
> > easier).
> >

> Alright! I've removed the md4 and rc4 symbols. Don't feel confident enough
> to remove the crypt_des_ecb calls because I'm not sure what is happening
> exactly, so I'm worried it'll break.

Ehh, that indeed needs a closer look. I'll take a look once you finished
the patch (to avoid possible conflicts within the file).

> Looks like wsutil/aes.h is also used by epan/dissectors/packet-dof.c and
> epan/crypt/airpdcap_ccmp.c for rijndael_encrypt(), so we ought to put those
> on the list as well.

Oh right! I grepped for the cipher names based on the filename and
missed Rijndael.

General remark, when rewriting files, can you try to find a pcap and
confirm that the before/after result is the same? You can then add this
to the commit message.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu