Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Submitting a fix to 2.2.4

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:20:19 +0100

Le 10 févr. 2017 18:17, "Paul Offord" <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

If I want to submit a fix for a bug in 2.2.4, do I switch to the master branch and then push the fix?  Or do I change to master-2.2.4 branch, apply the fix and push?

Hi Paul,

Assuming the bug is also present in master branch, please submit it first on master. It will be backported in maintenance braches afterwards.

Pascal.

Thanks and regards…Paul

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Advance Seven Ltd. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Advance Seven Ltd. Registered in England & Wales numbered 2373877 at Endeavour House, Coopers End Lane, Stansted, Essex CM24 1SJ