Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Remove our bundled crypto library (in favor of Libgcrypt)?

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 16:21:10 +0100
Hey,

Recently I discovered that wsutil actually contains a lot of
cryptographic functionalities (AES, SHA-1, DES, etc.). This duplicates
Libgcrypt functionality.

At the moment Libgcrypt is optional and used to provide decryption
functionality for SSL/TLS/DTLS, IPsec DVBCI, 802.15.4, SNMP, Zigbee and
more.  What do you think about nuking the bundled crypto routines in
wsutil and use Libgcrypt instead?

The easiest option would be making Libgcrypt mandatory, otherwise we
would have to add ifdef's everywhere (or create a compatibility layer
that disables crypto when Libgcrypt is unavailable).
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu