Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Custom wireshark dissector plugin: unable to overwrite col_proto

From: rashmi s <rashmi.s13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 14:11:11 -0800

Hello,

I have written a custom dissector plugin for internal use and am using "WTAP_ENCAP_USER0" as port. In my dissector, I am setting protocol name and info field using col_set_str function.

But it still shows the entry set in packet-frame.c. The protocol field is displayed as UNKNOWN and info field as WTAP_ENCAP = 45. If I comment out this line in packet-frame.c, then I can see the information and protocol that I set.

How can make my col_set_str to take effect and display my protocol and info instead.

Thanks,

Rashmi.