Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua embedded into C++

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:38:52 +0100

Hi Pascal,

What I am trying to do is register the wslua functions in my Lua state in order to create my own scripts which will be used internally as part of my customised module. My module aims to use listeners and post dissectors to show information similar to google chrome and firefox's developer's tools and I feel more comfortable creating scripts using wslua as opposed to going straight through C and C++.

 And as I explained, I cannot guarantee you that you have any chance to have it working. We would need to get a feedback from the Wireshark developers working on Lua.

I am unsure how to use the WS_DLL_PUBLIC in the way you are describing, would you be able to clarify? Apologies I am new to developing an application of this size.

Hack make_reg.pl to replace:
print H "extern void wslua_register_classes(lua_State* L);\n";
print H "extern void wslua_register_functions(lua_State* L);\n";
by something like:
print H '#include "ws_symbol_export.h"' . "\n\n";
print H "WS_DLL_PUBLIC void wslua_register_classes(lua_State* L);\n";
print H "WS_DLL_PUBLIC void wslua_register_functions(lua_State* L);\n";

But again it could be a dead end. Any reason for not using a tap?

Kind Regards,

Kunal Thakrar