Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Checking address in WMEM

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:50:51 +0100

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Or are you looking for a way to make the crash easier to debug?

Yes. Basically I'd like the idea to give the user a very useful error message. The wmem is pretty hard to debug, since a wrong scope basically means a segment violation, a double free, or so. But that can happen very far from where the error is.