Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] git-review fails with an SSL error

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:34:08 +0000

OK – it’s done.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Quantin
Sent: 17 January 2017 22:19
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] git-review fails with an SSL error

I ran git-review -v and that caused a login dialogue box to appear.  I entered by Gerrit userid and the HTTPS password.  It got a bit further but now it’s complaining that I don’t have a Change-Id.  I thought this is what git-review does for me.

To get a Change-Id automatically inserted in your commit message, and benefit from the pre-commit hooks, simply copy tools/pre-commit and tools/commit-msg files in the .git/hooks folder of your Wireshark clone.

Pascal.

I think this has me beat.  If anyone wants to submit the fix for bug 12973 I’ll happily provide the details.

Thanks to Graham and Pascal for the help.