Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Getting values into version_extra, VCSVERSION and VCSBRANCH in a

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 16:53:24 -0800
Now that my dissector generator is working well enough to handle the
vagaries of the ten or so XDR files we have I am working on getting
RPMs generated.

I want the version info returned by get_ws_vcs_version_info to:

1. Return some additional info in the version string, like
2.3.0-SOMEHASH where SOMEHASH is, say, the MD5 sum of all the XDR
files used.

2. The git hash and branch

However, I would like this all to happen in the SPEC file that is used
to build RPMs.

Has anyone done that?

--
Regards,