Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Overview of MPLS PW bugs

From: Francesco Fondelli <francesco.fondelli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:10:16 +0100
Hi Guy,

https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/19599/

change 19599 is an attempt to improve the situation. It is a work in progress.

- The code that takes into consideration padding can be done better
for IPv4 (line 497).
- I suspect the IPv6 case (line 510) is wrong because the ip6len is
not the total len.

I tested this change against traces found in bug 13301 and "it works",
I also tested this with plain IPv4 encapsulated in MPLS and "it
works".

Any help is appreciated.
thanks
ciao
fra

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[cut]
> and the captures in that bug may be real rather than synthesized (some obscure companies named "Cisco" and "Huawei" has OUIs that have 4 as the first nibble and some obscure companies named "Hewlett-Packard" and "Juniper" has OUIs that have 6 as the first nibble).

believe me I am very aware of that :-)