Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What is different in compilation/linking of tshark and wires

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:26:13 -0800
On Jan 9, 2017, at 5:54 AM, Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  CCLD     tshark
> ui/libui.a(rtp_stream.o): In function `register_tap_listener_rtpstream':
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:424: undefined reference to `simple_dialog'
> ui/libui.a(rtp_stream.o): In function `rtpstream_scan':
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:214: undefined reference to `cf_retap_packets'
> ui/libui.a(rtp_stream.o): In function `rtpstream_save_as_rtpdump':
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:252: undefined reference to `cf_retap_packets'
> ui/libui.a(rtp_stream.o): In function `rtpstream_mark':
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:385: undefined reference to `cf_retap_packets'
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:385: undefined reference to `cf_retap_packets'
> ui/libui.a(rtp_stream.o): In function `rtpstream_scan':
> wireshark-git/ui/rtp_stream.c:214: undefined reference to `cf_retap_packets'

If you're trying to include some of the RTP player's functionality in TShark, then you will have to split that functionality into "the parts that will work in a command-line program as well as in a GUI program" and "the parts that work only in a GUI program", and only link the parts that will work in a command-line program with TShark.

Everything that contains the words "message_box", "alert_box", or "cf_" requires the GUI.