Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Remote Control Plugin - Can I submit to the Wireshark projec

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 20:46:52 +0100
Hello,

W dniu 2017-01-08 15:30, Alexis La Goutte napisał(a):
for disable when code will be review, we can help you to add this "feature"

About sharkd for me, it is different because sharkd is for a web wireshark
(like CloudShark)

If this will get some "merge points" for sharkd, it's my main use cases, still you can use sharkd:
 - in most cases instead of running tshark with pdml output,
- to get some report/statistic (TAPs) about pcap, and to not parse tshark output.

Still, sharkd is NOT for remote controlling neither Qt, nor GTK wireshark GUI. It could be used to remotely control webshark UI, but I believe such code should actually
go to web appplication, and not sharkd.

To sum up sharkd is definitely not what Paul need.

Cheers,
Jakub.