Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How do I set the epan/dissectors/Makefile.am CUSTOM_DISSECTO

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 07:10:56 -0800
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just my two cents here. If you would change your build-system to CMake, you
> could use the CMakeListsCustom.txt files to achieve the same thing. You
> would not need to script anything, and could directly just copy the
> necessary file into the build. The plugins and additional dissectors do not
> need to reside even in the same src code database as Wireshark.
>
> Take a look at CMakeListsCustom.txt.example for the reference.
>
> Currently the customization applies to:
>
> ./CMakeListsCustom.txt.example
> ./epan/crypt/CMakeListsCustom.txt.example
> ./epan/dissectors/CMakeListsCustom.txt.example
> ./ui/gtk/CMakeListsCustom.txt.example

Unfortunately, our build system is fixed and builds a lot of other software.

The goal is to generate a version of Wireshark that understand and can
dissect all the XDR-based RPC protocols we use.

Eventually, I will have to convert to a plug-in approach because that
will also work for developers who are changing the XDR.

In any event, since the Custom.common file is essentially empty, it
was easy for me to simply cat some text into it from the shell script
that drives the whole process of generating the dissectors and
building Wireshark.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe