Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] extcap slowing down start of WS

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 08:20:05 +0100
On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Anders Broman
<anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It now seems like extcap_register_preferences is the thing taking the
> longest time when starting up Wireshark, at least on Window.

One issue is that extcap_register_preferences is called before loading
the interfaces, and therefore all extcap binaries are run twice
because of multiple calls to extcap_reload_interface_list().  One in
extcap_register_preferences() and one in fill_in_local_interfaces().
This should be improved.

started, like is done in "Refresh Interfaces".

--
Stig Bjørlykke