Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Time zone names, Windows compiler versions

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2016 20:08:53 +0100
Hi,

I was searching for the problem of displaying time zone names with
german umlauts, and found that there is an exististing bug
report (Bug 11785).

I found that undefining HAVE_TZNAME so that the utf8 conversion in
get_zonename (to_str.c) is called, fixes the problem.

Is there any non-Windows environment where tzname (without underscore)
is supposed to be available, or is Wireshark supposed to be compiled
with a MS Visual Studio version which does not have _tzname?

I've read a thread on the python bugtracker where is mentioned that
tzname is no longer available in VS 2015.

Note:
When I open a logfile captured in a different timezone, then timezone
will show MESZ/MEZ for me as arrival timezone. Which is at least not
correct, as struct tm (from windows time.h) contains no information
about the timezone or gmt-offset.

--
Cheers

Thomas Wiens