Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Inclusion of KDE code in WS

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:37:47 +0100

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 28 December 2016 at 09:37, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Online:
https://cgit.kde.org/kitemmodels.git/tree/src

I am ok with that (but I am not lawyer [yet]). Please check if you are able to use it with Qt5 and also Qt4.

Yes, they are working with Qt5, quite good actually, but have to be adapted to remove a header which we do not provide (an export header) if we only use the classes not the whole library.

I think you can add kitemmodels as OPTIONAL library for Wireshark (if found - use it, otherwise use internal version).

This would only make sense if we use the whole library, not the classes, right? Currently I am not leaning either way,

> 3 KDE classes

How many files [Could you provide names?] and what exactly classes [names]?

Actually, it is just two (checked again), KLinkItemSelectionModel and KModelIndexProxyMapper. Although the other classes might make sense, I would not implement any of that stuff right now.

regards