Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building latest Wireshark using VS2013

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:20:36 +0100
Hi

The solution should rather be

    if (tvb_get_ntohl(tvb, offset) != 0x20010000) {
        return;
    }

This follows the coding rules within the file. I can't even begin to imagine, what msbuild is complaining about, but who really knows, what that build-system is thinking in it's core......

The install path really does not matter, as long as you ensure, that it is the correct iteration of cygwin (64bit for the 64bit msbuild). As for the LC_ALL, this is an environment variable setting the language locale, before calling a command. For know, just remove the docbook build on your system using the cmake-gui (please ensure, that you are running the gui FROM a VStudio command prompt, otherwise, see my comment about the very nice msbuild system above). It will allow you to build the system without the docbook, which is fine, as long as you do not want to edit the help yourself. You can allways use the latest version from the website.

regards,
Roland

P.S.: If the brackets fix the issue for you, please file a patchset on gerrit