Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap limitations?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:05:20 +0100
Hello

extcap is a frontend for WS pipes. Therefore it strongly relies on the moment on the formates dumpcap supports on pipes, and that is only pcap atm.

There was talk and some movement in the direction of pcapng, and it is on my list of items to be implemented in the next free timeslot (and for WS 2.4) but so far, there is no patch which could be submitted.

If you have some ideas in this regard, feel free to implement them.

kind regards
Roland