Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RPM Build fails on SUSE 11.3

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 12:40:39 -0500

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Even though configured with:

/configure --with-lua -enable-setuid-install --without-qt --with-gtk=2 -without-libnl --enable-warnings-as-errors=no --with-extcap=no

Rpm-build fails with:

extcap_gtk.c: In function 'extcap_gtk_get_state':

extcap_gtk.c:193: error: 'GTimeZone' undeclared (first use in this function)

Yeah, RPMs only follow a couple of options from ./configure.  It's documented in one of the guides somewhere. :-)

(Getting it to follow *all* the options would be, I think, a lot of code.)

What do I need to change in

packaging/rpm/SPECS/wireshark.spec.in to make it build without extcap?

As Dario said: modify the ./configure call to add --with-extcap=no, re-run ./configure, and `make rpm-package` again.

BTW, it appears extcap requires glib 2.26 (for GTimeZone) but configure.ac still says we only require 2.22.  Time for a version bump?