Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Packet sample repository/library?

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 10:57:08 +0100
Hello,

  I'm looking for repository/library with packet samples suitable for
developers. I found a lot of repositories over the Internet, but they
just contain samples and you are able to find protocols used in sample
(e.g. RTP).
  As developer when I change part of code, I should retest it with as
much samples as possible to verify whether change works fine with my
sample (why I'm doing a change) and if I didn't break old functionality.
Therefore I should be able to select samples which are relevant to my
change and be able to verify whether it is evaluated as expected.

  To be able to do so, samples should be commented/documented in two ways:
1) What sample contains
2) How it should be decoded/shown in Wireshark

There are a few ideas (I'm working in voice area):

- Sample contains full regular SIP session, with SDP, with related RTP.
RTP is dynamic payload described in SDP.
  - SIP session should be shown
  - SDP should be decoded
  - RTP should be decoded as described in SDP
- Sample contains rejected SIP session because of XXX
  - SIP session should be shown
  - SIP calls view should show call as failed
- Sample contains RTP call with extended header XXX
  - RTP header should be decoded as ...
  - Call Flow should show bit XXX in RTP stream
- Sample contains RTSP session from XXX with RTP media in UDP
  - sample should be decoded
  - RTP should be decoded as described in Transport header
- Sample contains RTP stream with missing packets
  - sample should be decoded
  - RTP Stream Analysis should show sequence error

  In other words, there should be attached specification for Wireshark
developer, how the sample should be processed. Therefore it can be
verified later by man or engine (maybe in future :-)).
  It is obvious that same sample can be used for multiple purposes -
e.g. RTSP with RTP sample can be used for testing RTPS and for RTP too.
Specification can be changed during time. Therefore it should be easy
editable.

  Does anyone know about something I'm looking for?

					Sincerely yours,

						Jirka Novak