Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Actualize kafka dissector

From: Dmitry Lazurkin <dilaz03@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:05:26 +0300
Hello.

> - attaching per-packet kafka info and looking it up all over the place?
How to working with per-packet data? Which functions i should use for it?

> I don't remember how big the protocol changes are, but I
> wonder how much longer it would take to support api_version 2 than to
> warn that we don't support it?
I think this is two independent tasks.

Ok. I understood following:
- Add array of structs about supported min_version and max_version for
each request/response. Parse only header for packates with unsupported
version. Add expert info to unsupported packets.
- Support latest kafka protocol. Better pass api_version to each function.

How to test kafka dissector? Catch real kafka session? Randpkt? Unit-tests?

Thanks to all.