Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Actualize kafka dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 14:00:26 +0100
On 11-11-16 22:13, Dmitry Lazurkin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I try to investigate kafka. For now kafka dissector supports only main
> requests/responses and does not support it actual versions. I want to actualize
> dissector. May i do this task?

Sure you may.

I would suggest first creating a bug (bugs.wireshark.org) with a description of
the problem and a sample capture for demonstration and test purposes. Set the
status to IN_PROGRESS so everyone knows that it's being worked on.

Furthermore have a look at the Development pages on the Wiki
(wiki.wireshark.org/Development), especially Workflow, CreatingPatches,
SubmittingPatches.

We look forward seeing your patches on Gerrit.

Thanks,
Jaap