Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with bitmasks and 64 bit values

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:02:26 +0100
Hi Thomas,

On 31.10.2016 11:53, Thomas Wiens wrote:
> On 31.10.2016 08:10, Pascal Quantin wrote:
>
>> Because we overlooked this. I intended to change it today but Guy was
>> faster than me. Nightly master-2.0, master-2.2 and master builds should
>> behave properly. If you need to use a stable released version, then you
>> need to create the tree and sub elements yourself as I suggested yesterday.
>
> There's still an issue when adding the text to the main proto item,
> where the value is always casted to guint32.
> I think all from INT8 to INT32 should be casted to gint32, and all from
> UINT8 to UINT32 to guint32.
> Also 64 bit values are casted down to 32 bit, I think it'll need a
> little bit more (special?) handling of 64 bit values / 64bit value strings?

If there is no one already working on, I'll try if I can fix it and
apply a patch, if this is Ok.

Looks like no one is currently working on it (or at least no patch is queued in Gerrit yet). As you seem to be the fist user of those functions with 64bits fields, you are probably a good candidate to submit a patch as you can easily test it ;)
64 bits variant should make use of the hf_try_val64_to_str_const(), *custom_fmt_func_64_t() and hfinfo_number_value_format64() functions.

Pascal.