Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with bitmasks and 64 bit values

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:53:53 +0100
On 31.10.2016 08:10, Pascal Quantin wrote:

> Because we overlooked this. I intended to change it today but Guy was
> faster than me. Nightly master-2.0, master-2.2 and master builds should
> behave properly. If you need to use a stable released version, then you
> need to create the tree and sub elements yourself as I suggested yesterday.

There's still an issue when adding the text to the main proto item,
where the value is always casted to guint32.
I think all from INT8 to INT32 should be casted to gint32, and all from
UINT8 to UINT32 to guint32.
Also 64 bit values are casted down to 32 bit, I think it'll need a
little bit more (special?) handling of 64 bit values / 64bit value strings?

--
Thomas