Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Changes to the Wireshark Wiki

From: Eddi Blenkers <eddi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 12:09:47 +0200

Dear all,

I have created an account on the Wireshark Wiki, using my handle from ask.wireshark.org (packethunter).

During the Sharkfest EU this week I gave a presentation on SMB. A number of attendees have requested the traces that were used to prepared the presentation. I feel, that the Wireshark wiki is probably the best place to make the traces available to a larger audience.

Please let me know, if there is a better way to publish the trace files. If this is of interest, I could add a few more traces showing odd behavior of systems, or add content to the sections describing SMB / SMB2.

Also, I noticed that the SMB2 part of the wiki could use a few amendments. In my opinion, reference to SMB3 and a comment on the handshake could be useful. Alas, the page seems to be immutable for me.

Lotsa greetings from Switzerland

/Eddi Blenkers