Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problem with val_to_str inside BASE_CUSTOM callback function

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 23:06:14 +0200
On 21.10.2016 22:49, Michael Mann wrote:

> Depending on what you're doing, you could go with
> proto_tree_add_xxx_format_value.   I think that's how most dissectors
> end up avoiding the need for BASE_CUSTOM callback.

Maybe one of you has another solution for what I want to realize.

In my protocol I've got an ID list with now ~1500 fixed values, where I
am using a value_string_ext list.
But there are dynamic list entries, for example all IDs between
0x92000000 and 0x92ffffff should be shown as DB.%d.%d using some masks.

--
Thomas