Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] VoIP Calls dialog enhancements

From: Anders Broman <a.broman58@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:31:46 +0200

Patches are very welcome, the void call stuff might need some love :-)
Regards
Anders

Den 20 okt. 2016 8:04 em skrev "Erik de Jong" <erikdejong@xxxxxxxxx>:
After a very exciting Sharkfest Europe I've decided to participate a bit in the development of Wireshark!

Some enhancements for the VoIP calls dialog would be:
1) Have the timestamps not only as a relative time from the start of capture but also as the time of day. I have added two columns for this, but I'm contemplating if it would not be better to have a checkbox that toggles the existing start and end time columns from relative to time of day timestamps. Any feedback would be appreciated as I couldn't find any UI design guidelines to help decide what's the better option here, as it is part of a Qt dialog I have used the QDateTime::fromTime_t function to format the timestamps. I couldn't quickly find the way this is done for the packet list, is there a preferred conversion for the nstime to a formatted timestamp?
2) I would also suggest a column containing the call duration.

I would be more than happy to submit patches for these enhancements.

Cheers,
Erik