Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Linking on OSX Sierra

From: Francisco Javier Sanchez-Roselly <franciscojavier.sanchezroselly@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 22:49:06 +0200
hi All,

i have been following the thread as it was impossible for me to install Wireshark from the sources in Sierra -the previous El Capitan installation worked nicely-.

i have tried the steps described in README.macos, afterwards i have installed the ‘required' ports but my install hangs because of an error on ‘uic-qt5’. finally i did configure successfully disabling qt, but wireshark-gtk stops because of a missed image file.

i please ask for any guidance on my journey. sorry if my problem is a trivial one.

thanks, regards.

pd.- i can post the specific errors if required.

On 12 Oct 2016, at 22:08, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 12 October 2016 at 20:15, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2016, at 11:41 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Just for fun I did a quick search for that Usage output (minus the "Wireshark" prefix which is clearly $0) and found this program which has that exact output:
>>
>> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/libpcap/blob/master/tests/capturetest.c
>
> Yeah, that's one of a pile of test programs I wrote to test various libpcap features.
>
> The binary is *not* part of a libpcap installation, so there shouldn't be an executable for it unless the test programs were built.
>
> Evan, what happens if you remove the build directory entirely, re-create it, do a cmake in it, and then redo the build?

Completely blowing away the build directory and starting again seems
to have fixed it. That was really weird, especially since (to my
knowledge) I don't even have a source build of libpcap on this
machine.

Anywho, thanks everyone for the help!

CMake standard repair #1 :-)

--