Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] smb2.msg_id defined as signed 64-bit integer - bug?

From: Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 17:20:53 +0000
Yeh - sure I accept that.  I raised it because I've written a post-dissector that uses the smb2.msg_id value.  I assumed it was a 64-bit unsigned integer and it caused my code to crash.  I tracked it down to an assertion failure due to smb2.msg_id being a gint64 and me using fvalue_get_uinteger64() to get the value.

Or look at it the other way.  I'm helping get Wireshark ready for the 22nd century.