Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] A Wireshark dissector generator for XDR: Progress

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:40:41 -0700
Hi folks,

Attached is a patch containing my WIP. Here are the commit comments:

    Much closer now, but still have issues. At least the code that is
    generated compiles in the limited cases I have tested. Feels like
    90% complete:

    1. Not generating code to dissect results.
    2. Not handling unions.
    3. The code is fugly, with lots of duplication that needs reworking.

    It is also supposed to handle cases where someone defines some types in
    one XDR file and uses them in another. I need to figure out how to get
    rid of the action of directives so you do not have to edit out unneeded
    include files.

    Now to test that it does reasonable things.

I also have to move it from the glibc version of rpcgen to one of the
stand-alone ones.

Given that we have a need for this where I work, it will keep being developed.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe